CourseDen Moved to the Cloud
As of January 2019, Brightspace D2L's Georgia View servers (the learning management system on which CourseDen runs) are on a Continuous Delivery cycle that applies application updates incrementally with no further need for scheduled maintenance periods or downtimes.
In the event of Unscheduled Maintenance, the most current information regarding the availability will be posted at the USG Status Page. For CourseDen status updates you can refer to the UWG Online Status Page.
UWG Online has set up a new Google group (email list) in order to provide weekly updates on the new tools, improvements, and other changes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to this group. Key information will also be posted here.
Highlights for Upcoming Changes
Changes will not require any re-builds or content migration by Instructors, though the server will be inaccessible Dec 21 - Dec 22
- Gradebook: Feedback can be added in bulk; Instructors can lock columns and row headers
- Rubrics: More control and ease-of-use, visibility
- Discussions: Instructors can post to all groups at once
- Quizzes: Improved LaTeX editor for Math; Students' answers are auto-saved by default; Dynamic preview available in question pools
- Binder: "Send to Binder" no longer available; New recommended app for students is Brightspace Pulse
For more detailed information, view the Changes Summary (Google Sheet).