Our number one priority is your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of our staff and community. UWG Career Services is dedicated to providing updates and resources to keep students and employers engaged while adhering to all provided guidelines. During this period of time, all Career Services professional staff will be accessible via email and will be working remotely. We are still here, even if it is virtually, to assist you.
Virtual Career Coaching
The Career Services staff is available Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Schedule
a virtual appointment to get one-on-one in-depth career advising/assistance with:
career/major exploration career assessments internship and job search resume/cover letter critiques
interview prep networking tips professional development any other questions you may have
Students and alumni wishing to schedule a virtual/online appointment with one of our staff, please log into your WolfWorks account. Select Counseling & Calendar link on the left side of the home page, then Schedule an Appointment. You can also contact the us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Talk to Us
You can chat with a Career Services Professional online Monday - Thursday, 10:00 AM
- 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM. We are here to answer any questions you may have.
Log into WolfWorks. Click on the Chat with An Advisor Online link from your home page. When an Advisor is online the link will be BLUE.
Check Out Our Website
Explore our website for resources related to:
cover letters resumes interviewing social media
major/career exploration graduate school upcoming events on/off campus jobs
Internship Cancelled? Job Offer Delayed?
If your internship was cancelled or your full time offer delayed or cancelled, there are things your can be doing to continue your professional development and to search for opportunities with companies who are hiring. This is a great time to consider what resources you have available to you to continue to grow your skills and make yourself a competitive candidate. Below are some resources to assist you.
- Search and review job descriptions. Which jobs did you really want, but didn’t yet have the technical skills needed to be a competitive candidate? Are there opportunities for you to grow those technical skills now through some online training or other remote method?
- Utilizing the ONET Online website, begin to research the specifics of various jobs within your desired field. On ONET, start with “Occupation Quick Search” in upper right and enter a simple search term, like “film,” “biology,” or “mobile apps.” The search will bring up a list of possible jobs. Click on the job titles to read what skills and abilities are needed in this job. What are ways that you can grow your skills now?
- Vault is an excellent resource for searching information about specific companies.
- Utilize InterviewStream to improve your interviewing skills: Utilize the Career Explorer in WolfWorks to learn more about your field.
- Join a professional association in your field to network, gain access to career and professional development and other information that can help build your skills.
- Check out the WolfWorks Resources Document Library for tips on interviewing, career fair success, how to network, links to job search sites, and videos of past employer chat sessions.
- Attend Virtual Events hosted by Career Services. There are opportunities to connect with employers and gain skills by attending free employer chats and professional development webinars. Find the schedule in the Events section of our website and in WolfWorks.
- NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers) Resources -
- University of West Georgia Alumni Mentor Program - Register for this program to be matched with an alumni mentor to receive advice and enhance your professional communication skills.
- University of West Georgia Continuing Ed - Free online courses. They also offer fee based courses.
- West Georgia Technical College - Free online courses.
- Google Digital Garage - Offers free modules or entire courses to help build your business or career readiness.
- Harvard University - 69 free courses.
- Skillshare - Free and has tons of videos for learning specific skills.
- LinkedIn - Free for 1 month. Wide variety of courses from Adobe Photoshop, Networking, Project Management.
- Coursera - Some are free but there is a cost to get a certificate for a course.
- MasterClass - $180.00 a year. Learn just about anything from a “Master”.
- Udacity - Free access for 30 days. Use caution when signing up as cancelling has been mentioned as an issue in reviews.
- Udemy - Large number of courses starting around $12.99 each.
- CareerBuilder - Great informational resource.
Internship/Job Search Sites
- WolfWorks - Internships and jobs posted directly to UWG as well as curated jobs for selected cities around the United States and abroad.
- CareerBuilder - Search for remote internships/jobs - from Jobs page type in “telecommute” or “remote” as a keyword.
- Chegg Internships - Type “remote” as keyword.
Employers and Community Partners
Employers wishing to post a job, schedule interviews, or participate in virtual programming, please contact the Employer Relations team at email@example.com. Please see our recruiting guide to assist you with registering in WolfWorks to post jobs, schedule on campus or virtual interviews, information sessions, and register for career fairs.