Going West is about the complete college experience. UWG believes that those just beginning the journey are more involved with campus life if they were here. That's why freshmen are required to live on campus unless they are eligible for exemption via a residency waiver. Read more here about the residency waiver and eligibility for exemption such as non-traditional, commuter and transfer students with over 30 semester hours of credit.
National research has shown that there are a number of benefits for freshmen living on campus:
- More contact with faculty members and other students
- More involvement with student organizations and the campus community
- Higher retention from your first to second year
- Higher grades and more credit hours per semester
- Meeting people with different backgrounds and histories
- Improved confidence and willingness to express themselves in a positive manner.
After being admitted into UWG, your next step should be to complete the Housing Contract. Instructions on how to fill out your contract can be found here. Make sure to complete your housing contract today!