Assistant Professor of Counselor Education and College Student Affairs
Dr. Tommy Jackson is an Assistant Professor of Counselor Education and College Student Affairs at the University of West Georgia. He holds a Ph.D. in Adult Education with Higher Education Administration, a M.Ed. in Adult Education, and a B.A. in Public Administration from Auburn University. Additionally, Dr. Jackson holds a M.B.A. and M.P.A. from Kennesaw State University, respectfully. Dr. Jackson’s research interests include examining barriers to college student success; other areas include education finance and student-athlete development. After three years in the NFL, Dr. Jackson transitioned into a career in education. Prior to his current role, Dr. Jackson served as the Director of Advising Services (University College) at Kennesaw State University, where he created the academic support program for KSU Football. Dr. Jackson has utilized his expertise in student motivation for several years to prepare students for academic success.
Education / Degrees
- B.A., Public Administration, Auburn University, 2005
- M.Ed., Adult Education, Auburn University, 2011
- Ph.D., Adult Education with Higher Education Administration, Auburn University, 2013
- M.B.A., Master of Business Administration, Kennesaw State University, 2015
- M.P.A., Master of Public Administration, Kennesaw State University, 2015