Screening on and off campus in Carrollton, GA, this exciting multi-day event features short film blocks, visiting filmmaker Q&A's, dramatic readings of our award winning scripts, an awards ceremony, and closing reception concluding the festival. Join us to celebrate Southeastern Student Filmmakers!
Dates & Deadlines:
Regular Submission Deadline
Late Submission Deadline
Notification Date Postponed due to weather
Film Festival Screenings and Events
University of West Georgia Campus
1601 Maple Street
- All films and scripts must be submitted through withoutabox.com or filmfreeway.com.
- We do not accept mailed entries.
- Filmmaker must have been enrolled in a college or university undergraduate program when the film was completed, in one of the following Southeastern regional states: Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi.
- 2015 produced projects and newer only.
- 20 minutes max run time short films in the following categories: Narrative fiction, Documentary, Experimental.
- 20 page max screenplay length not including the title page, conforming to industry-standard format and completely free of grammatical/typographical errors (subject to disqualification if these parameters are not met).
- Scripts must be submitted as an Adobe .pdf document with standard title page.
- There is no limit to the number of individual submissions, however each submission requires an entry fee.
- Online Screeners only.
- Full electronic press kit required (logline, synopsis, 2 high-res production stills, cast/crew list, director bio and photo).
- Copyright clearance to all content is required and may be requested in-writing before your film can be screened.
- Prizes awarded in the following categories: Narrative fiction, Documentary, Experimental, Screenplay.
We are a group of committed Film and Video Production students at the University of West Georgia hosting an annual southeastern regional undergraduate film festival in Carrollton, GA.
We created this festival for undergraduate filmmakers of the Southeast U.S. to come together and celebrate the art of student-produced motion pictures. Our mission is to ignite creativity and passion for cinema among college filmmakers and the local community alike by establishing a regional platform showcasing outstanding student films and screenplays, putting Southeast Students on the map!