The Computer Science eXperience (csX) Lab provides face-to-face and online assistance to students working on laboratory assignments for certain computer science (CS) courses with a laboratory component. The csX Lab is staffed by knowledgeable lab assistants who are also Computer Science majors and work under the guidance and direction of the CS faculty and staff. The csX Lab may also direct students to appropriate faculty and/or staff as needed.
Please direct any questions regarding the csX Lab to the coordinator, Ms. Alexandra Young.
csX Computer Lab
csX is not an open computer lab. To use the lab, students must be currently enrolled in at least one of the following courses: CS 1000, CS 1020, CS 1030, CS 1300, CS 1301, CS 1302, or CS 2100. In addition, all students must have their UWG ID card with them to sign-in before using the lab.
Fall 2019 hours for the csX lab are Monday - Thursday, 9 am - 5 pm and Friday, 9 am
- 11 am.
The csX computer lab is located in TLC 1-115 (on the first floor).
csX Live! Online
csX Live! provides online assistance with laboratory assignments for certain CS classes, including certain online CS graduate-level courses. Please see the information posted on your course web site and/or information provided by your instructor for more information about how to access csX Live!.
Fall 2019 hours for csX Live are Monday - Thursday, 9 am - 5 pm; Friday, 9 am - 11 am; and Saturday - Sunday 1 pm - 5 pm.
Tips for getting the most from csX
- Try solving problems before visiting csX - you'll probably find that you are able to solve many of them on your own!
- Bring specific questions when you visit csX. If you have truly made an attempt to work through a problem on your own, you will have more specific questions and we will have a better idea of what you need help with.
- PROCRASTINATION IS A KILLER! Reduce your stress by not waiting until the last day before your assignment is due to come for help! Also, this will help you avoid a crowded csX when everyone else who waited until the last minute comes for help.
- We provide help and assistance with lab assignments - NOT answers! We can guide you in the right direction but we cannot tell you if your answers are right or wrong.
- When you leave csX, continue to practice at home or in the lab. Success in Computer Science has everything to do with the amount of time and effort you put in.