Do you intend to major or minor in music? Here's how to declare.

Incoming Freshmen

You must audition with the Department of Music to declare a major or minor in music. Find out all the details of the audition process with the link below.

Audition for Admission

Current Students

Current UWG student who intend to switch their major to or add Music should schedule an appointment with the department chair located in the Music office. Be advised that the program begins in the Fall semester; Music-specific courses are part of the program from day one.
A successful audition is also required to declare a major or minor in Music.

Current music majors or minors wishing to change their field of study should also schedule an appointment with the department chair once their new degree program is known.

Contact to schedule an appointment

Transfer/Readmission/Other Students

If you are transferring to UWG from another music program, or have chosen to begin your music journey with us, please contact the music department for the next steps you will need to take. Contact the Department of Music at or (678) 839-6516