Need Advisement? Read this first!
- Advisement is conducted on the basis of current UWG coursework (via Wolf Watch) and/or a completed official transfer evaluation done by UWG's Registrar. Please be advised that an official evaluation can take several weeks after you are admitted to UWG and registered for UWG Orientation.
- Current UWG students must have an appointment in order to meet with an advisor, with the exception of Add/Drop and On-Time Registration periods (See dates/times below per semester). Read instructions below for scheduling an appointment.
- High school students interested in nursing at UWG and wishing to speak with a nursing advisor should first arrange to participate in a daily campus visit through Undergraduate Admissions or attend a UWG Preview Day by making a reservation through Undergraduate Admissions.
- Prospective Transfer - Walk-in advising is only available for Prospective Transfer Students who are participating in the Office of Admissions "Transfer Tuesday." Please schedule your "Transfer Tuesday" by clicking the following link: Undergraduate Admissions. If you have general questions about nursing at UWG, please email email@example.com
Current/Returning UWG Students
NEWS: The University of West Georgia Tanner Health System School of Nursing has moved into a new building, right next to UWG's Campus Bookstore!
Appointments are available to Current/Returning UWG students at the Carrollton Campus. Follow these simple steps:
- Click on your advisors name below, assigned alphabetically.
- Your browser will direct you to a calendar login screen.
- You will need to use your UWG email username and password to log into the calendar. If you have trouble logging in, please visit ITS.
- Available appointment times appear on the date as a time block, click the block to see actual open appointment times. Appointments must be made at least 48 hours in advance. If the deadline has passed to register for that appointment or the appointment block is locked that means appointments are not available (ex: holidays, add/drop or open registration walk-in advising).
- You and your advisor will get an email confirmation. If you are more than 10 minutes late for an appointment you must reschedule.
- Advisors are assigned as follows:
APPOINTMENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR SPRING 2014 WILL BE POSTED SOON.
- Laura Edmonds in the Tanner Health System School of Nursing, Pre-Nursing Last Names A-J, All Nursing Majors, & RN-BSN Students effective 11/15/13, Click here for calendar!
- Joy Ginther, The Advising Center in the UCC, Pre-Nursing Last Names K-Z, call 678-839-5342 for an appointment!
All advisement is conducted on the main University of West Georgia campus in Carrollton, GA. If you need to make special arrangements for advisement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our offices are located in the Tanner Health System School of Nursing Building on the 1st floor, Suite 103.
Walk-In During On-Time Registration & Add/Drop
Current/Returning UWG students may walk-in without an appointment during the following times:
On-Time Registration for Spring 2014:
Mon 10/28 & 11/4: 9a-12
Tues 10/29 & 11/5: 9a-12p and 1p-4p
Weds 10/30 & 11/6: 9a-12p and 1p-4p
Thurs 10/31 & 11/7: 9a-12p and 1p-4p
Fri 11/1: 9a-12p