MSN Mission Statement
The mission of the MSN Program at the University of West Georgia is to offer high quality graduate education that:
- Prepares registered nurses for advanced practice roles in diverse health care settings in Georgia and the surrounding region.
- Provides regional outreach related to graduate nursing education through off-campus programs.
- Provides a caring, supportive, personal environment for learning that:
- Affirms the holistic nature of individuals.
- Reflects caring as the essence of nursing.
- Expects that nurses use critical thinking in decision making.
- Supports evidence-based practice.
- Utilizes disciplinary rigor to support MSN student progress toward assuming leadership and education roles.