BSN Mission Statement
The mission of the BSN Program at the University of West Georgia is to offer high quality undergraduate education that:
- Prepares registered nurses for basic practice roles in diverse health care settings in Georgia and the surrounding region.
- Integrates a strong liberal arts curriculum.
- Provides regional outreach through external degree and off campus programs.
- Provides a caring, supportive, personal environment for learning that:
- Affirms the holistic nature of individuals.
- Reflects caring as the essence of nursing.
- Expects that nurses use critical thinking in decision making.
- Supports evidence-based practice.
- Utilizes disciplinary rigor to support BSN student progress toward clinical competence.