Promotion and Tenure Advisory Committee (PTAC)
Jeanette Bernhardt - Chair
- membership is limited to tenured faculty members;
- committee shall be composed of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 7 members;
- members shall be elected in the spring to serve a two-year term; should a vacancy occur, a special election will be held to fill the vacant term;
- members in a supervisory role to the individual being reviewed are exempt;
- in the event that the Tanner Health System School of Nursing does not have a minimum of three tenured faculty members, the committee may be composed of the following which are listed in the order of priority:
- Tanner Health System School of Nursing emeriti faculty;
- tenured nursing faculty members at a comparable peer institution; or
- tenured faculty members at the University of West Georgia from another college or department at the discretion of the Dean of the Tanner Health System School of Nursing.
2. Purpose(s) and Functions.
The purpose of the Committee shall be to make recommendations to the Dean regarding promotion and tenure and third/fifth year reviews. In accordance with the UWG Faculty Handbook only tenured faculty members shall make pre- and post-tenure recommendations.