Undergraduate Program Committee (UPC)
Cindy Epps - Chair
- Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education, undergraduate program directors, simulation director and representatives from the faculty-at-large.
- Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education shall serve as chair of the Undergraduate Program Committee;
- minimum of five (5) faculty shall be elected from the faculty-at-large for a two year term in the spring semester;
- minimum of two (2) of the faculty above must be tenure track;
- minimum of two (2) of the faculty above must be non-tenure track;
- one (1) Traditional BSN student from each campus and one (1) RN-BSN student.
2. Purpose(s) and Functions.
The purposes of the Undergraduate Program Committee (UPC) shall be to make decisions regarding development, recommendation, implementation, and/or evaluation of policies and procedures for undergraduate faculty, students, and undergraduate curricular matters related to:
- program missions and objectives;
- program curricula, including course learning goals and content, course sequencing and offerings, teaching-learning activities, and evaluation methods;
- adequacy of resources to meet program missions, objectives, and expected results;
- advisement, recruitment, and orientation of students;
- admission/readmission criteria, progression, and graduation;
- clinical requirements;
- annual review/revision of the BSN Student Handbook and update during the academic year;
- integration of simulation and other technologies.