School of Nursing Faculty
The purpose of the School of Nursing Faculty collective shall be to:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the mission, philosophy, goals, programs, purposes and policies of the School of Nursing and operationalize them within the framework of the University of West Georgia Statutes, Policies and Procedures, and Faculty Handbook and the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia Policy Manual, the Georgia Board of Nursing, accrediting agencies, and professional standards of nursing care.
- Promote excellence and establish standards for scholarship, teaching, research, service, and practice within the framework of the University of West Georgia and the Board of Regents of the State of Georgia policies.
The function of the School of Nursing Faculty collective shall be to:
- Serve as the policy-making body of the School of Nursing (SON) for policies related to SONF operational activities and pertain to SONF and individual faculty welfare;
- Specify all committees of the SON;
- Develop, implement, and evaluate all nursing programs and policies for admission, progression, graduation, and dismissal of students and submit to the University for approval as required;
- Participate in the activities of the SON and the University;
- Formulate specific policies for the SONF within the framework of University policies regarding promotion and tenure and submit to the University for approval as required.