Standing Committees and Sub-committees
- Faculty members shall sign up for standing committees vacancies at the annual SONF retreat. If vacancies in the committees occur, the SON Dean shall appoint faculty to those vacancies.
- Committee members shall serve a minimum of a 2-year term, however; members are encouraged to serve more than one term on a committee to maintain continuity.
- Selection of committee chairs shall occur at the retreat or within the first 2 weeks of the fall academic term.
- Committee chairs shall serve a maximum of 2 consecutive years as chair.
- Each standing committee shall include undergraduate and graduate faculty members.
- Associate members shall be invited to attend meetings, share relevant information, and participate in committee work; voting is reserved for associate members who are active and contributing committee members as determined by the committee chair.
- Students shall be represented on the standing committees and invited to share relevant information, discuss issues, and participate in the work of the committee except that of voting.
- Student representatives are selected by their peers or recruited by faculty to serve on the standing committees during the fall semester of each academic year;
- students may serve on the same standing committee while in the program unless unable or unwilling; if unable or unwilling, a replacement shall be selected;
- at least one student representative from each of the Generic BSN programs (Carrollton and Newnan), one from the RN-BSN program and one from the MSN program shall be selected by his/her peers or recruited by faculty to serve on each standing committee.