Graduate Program Committee
Laurie Ware - Chair
Shelly Crager (faculty-at-large)
Holly Dever (faculty-at-large)
- Associate Dean for Graduate Education, graduate faculty and representatives from the faculty at-large.
- The Associate Dean for Graduate Education will serve as chair of the Graduate Program Committee;
- All faculty who hold regular or temporary graduate faculty status and a minimum of two (2) faculty at-large (not temporary or regular graduate faculty) who will be selected at the annual retreat for a two-year term. The elected faculty at-large shall rotate off for one year before being eligible for re-election.
2. Purposes and Functions:
The purposes of the Graduate Program Committee (GPC) shall be to make recommendations to the SONF and the Dean regarding development, recommendation, implementation, and/or evaluation of policies and procedures for graduate faculty, students, and graduate curricular matters related to:
- program missions and objectives;
- program curricula, including course learning goals and content, course sequencing and offerings, teaching-learning activities, and evaluation methods;
- adequacy of resources to meet program missions, objectives, and expected results;
- advisement, recruitment, and orientation of students;
- admission/readmission criteria, progression, and graduation;
- student conduct and communication;
- dismissal and grievance/appeal processes;
- clinical requirements;
- selection of graduate student representatives to the standing committees;
- annual review/revision of MSN Student Handbook and update during the academic year;
- integration of simulation and other technologies.