The University of West Georgia Tanner Health System
School of Nursing
**2013 Recipient of the University System of Georgia Innovation Award for Design and Technology for the new Nursing Building and named one of the Top 5 Southeastern Colleges for Online Nursing on RNdegrees.net**
The University of West Georgia Tanner Health System School of Nursing offers the following nursing degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). Two programs are available: One program for students seeking initial licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) and one partially online program for RNs seeking to advance their education to the baccalaureate level. UPDATES regarding admission requirements and processes for 2014 and 2015 can be found by clicking the link below:
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN). There are two tracks available: One track in Health Systems Leadership (Leader/Manager or Clinical Nurse Leader concentration) and one track in Nursing Education.
- Online Doctorate in Nursing Education (EdD).
The University of West Georgia Tanner Health System School of Nursing exemplifies academic excellence in a caring environment by providing quality undergraduate and graduate education to meet current and evolving health care needs within the global community.
The University of West Georgia Tanner Health System School of Nursing will be a leader in the scholarship of teaching and learning through the empowerment of graduates and colleagues who exhibit the ability and courage to create quality caring in health care and educational systems.
School and Faculty Goals:
- Maintain high quality undergraduate and graduate nursing programs.
- Maintain faculty who demonstrate excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service to the university, the community, and the profession.
- Maintain a personal learning environment characterized by caring, holism, critical thinking, and professional commitment.